Saturday, June 23, 2007

Individual Online Listening and writing

TASK 1

First of all, in this activities i learn how to listening very carefully what David Crystal said.It such difficult when i listen first time.But i don't give up and i listen it many time until I know what David Crystal said.In this activities i choose topic "in your dreams".
This topic is so easy to understand because it use a simple word and some of the word was rarely to use people. But if I listen once i will can't catch what David Crystal said.This is because his pronunciation is so difficult to hear.But I try my best to listen what David Crystal said.I also can learn 2 type of meaning in word " dream ". There are no difficult word in this topic and I also can understand what David Crystal want to said.
In this activities i can learn how to be a good listener and alway pay attention when someone speak in front or with us.

TASK 2

For task 2 activities i choose the topic "Dumb Down". It same like task 1 activities I listen many time to know what David Crystal said.But some of the word I can't catch it because his speak to fast and some word new for me.After i read a tapescript i can know what that word.The word are:

1) Fascination - process of fasnicating ( Keadaan yang terpukau@terpesona)
2) Trivialised - seem trivial ( tidak berharga @ hal yang tidak penting )
3) Masses - thinker

That the word was so difficult to understand.I also can learn how to use word "dumb down" in many situation. And the word " dumb " meant stupid in American.
I think that all for now.I hope my vocabulary can increase with this website.
Thank you.




No comments: