Assalamualaikum............
BBC Learning English website is for keep your English up to date. This website explain to the student that they are going to listen to a talk by Professor David Crystal and that the talk is about the way the English language changes. This particular talk is about language that has come from films. I was listening about lesson 1 in BBC. The title is “Make My Day”. From what I’m listening I'm not clear what he says. After I read the tapeskrip I quite understand what thing he says. About this this lesson he says film is one of the most mediums that influence language. He don’t think we pick up very many sounds and grammatical instructions from the films that we see, but catchphrases right from the earliest days of film. Catchphrases have been extracted from the film medium. One of the most famous catchphrases is “make my day”. This catchphrases means ‘do something that’ll really please me’. I’m also found new vocabulary but not too much. However the new vocabulary still help me add my knowledge. The new vocabulary I was found are ‘catchphrases’, ‘ironic’ and ‘mayor’. So I think this website very useful for student. From this website we can improve our English language. This website also have many activity to do it. From all lesson we can do listen activity and we also can do worksheet. So, that’s why I say this website is very useful for all student. I think just this I can write for this assignment. That’s all. Thank you……
No comments:
Post a Comment