Tuesday, June 19, 2007

DAVID CRYSTAL.......MY NEW EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!

Task 1

Today, I listening about David Crystal BBC Learning English. For the first task, I choose 'Make My Day'. It is a bit difficult to understand. His voice not clear and his slang different with our country. Make My Day is beginning from film and always uses in making of film. It is very famous in earliest day of film and catchphrases extracted from the film medium.

Make My Day means do something that 'I'll really please me'.

In my opinion, 2 words that I rare found:

1. Thug - violent person or criminal

2. Implies - that something is the case, it makes you think it likely that it is the case.

Task 2

In the task 2, I choose about ‘BLOG’. Firstly I listening Professor David says about Blog. But, I don’t understand what he said. After that, I read the tapescript and listen again. Blog is a genre, a bit like a diary writing or bulletin posting. Its words not difficult to understand because usually use in the computer programmers such as blog, blogger and blogosphere. I like learning English with David Crsytal because I can know a new information.

That the new words I found:

1. Abbreviation – a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or using by only the first letter of each word.

2. Coinages – the system of money used in the country.

Alyani(A116127)

No comments: